Panorama Route, Kruger Manyeleti & Timbavati Private Game Reserves (7 days / 6 nights)
The Kruger is undoubtedly South Africa’s premier safari destination. This vast wilderness area boasts an unrivalled diversity of wildlife and combining safaris in two different areas of the reserve helps keep the experience fresh and maximises your chances of seeing the widest variety of game. A night or two in a tranquil country lodge along the neighbouring Panorama Route is a perfect complement to your Kruger safari.
Days 1 & 2: Escarpment, Jatinga Country Lodge (B&B)
Drive from Johannesburg or collect your car in Nelspruit, KMIA airport. Two days to relax at Jatinga Country Lodge or explore the Panorama Route which counts the God’s Window viewpoint, the preserved 1873 gold mining village of Pilgrim’s Rest and Bourke’s Luck Potholes among its attractions.
Days 3 & 4: Manyeleti, Honeyguide Tented Camp (FB&A)
Make your way into the 23,000 hectare Manyeleti Private Game Reserve, a private concession within the greater Kruger. Spend 2 days tracking big game from open vehicles and on foot, experience exhilarating night drives by spotlight and take in the sounds of the bush from your luxury tented accommodation at Honeyguide.
Days 5 & 6: Timbavati, Motswari Game Lodge (FB&A)
Your second safari destination is Motswari, a lodge known for its welcoming hospitality and an authentic and down to earth safari experience. Wonderfully situated in the Timbavati private game reserve, an area of the Kruger that boasts one of the highest lion densities in Africa unforgettable safari memories are all but guaranteed.
After a final early morning game drive and breakfast you bid farewell to the wildlife of Kruger and make your way back to the airport for your onward flight.
|Best time to visit:
General - All year round
Game - June to October
Birding - November to March
|Total distance covered:
||+/- 400 kms by car (from / to KMIA)|
||R15,910 / person sharing (approx € 1, 590)|
- 7 days car hire, Group C, VW Polo Classic, or similar, classic plus insurance
- 2 nights Escarpment, Jatinga Country Lodge, superior room, B&B
- 2 nights Manyeleti, Honeyguide Safari Camp, luxury tent, Full board & Activities
- 2 nights Timbavati, Motswari Game Lodge, bungalow, Full board & Activities
- Prices based on two adults sharing travelling in July 2012.
- The above excludes all flights and activities not specified.
- Euro equivalents are for guideline only and subject to exchange rate fluctuations.
- The Kruger is a malaria area, please consult your GP or travel clinic for up to date medical advice.
A romantic safari camp with a ‘tented’ feel in the exclusive Sabi-Sands Private Game Reserve, an area known for consistant leopard sightings.
Additional price from: R2,560 / person sharing for 2 nights
Venture off the beaten track and enjoy spectacular views and giant baobabs in the remote far north of Kruger
Accommodation from R3,250 / person / night
Not what you were looking for?
- The Scenic Kruger – from R22,980 / person sharing [Transfers]
- In the Footsteps of Shaka – from R16,090 / person sharing [Self-Drive]
- Wildlife Discovery – from R13,190 / person sharing [Escorted]
- Wild & Scenic Mpumalanga – from R9,640 / person sharing [Escorted]
- The Wilds of Botswana – from US$3,730 / person sharing [Fly-In]
- Botswana Explorer – from US$4,405 / person sharing [Escorted]
For more information about Hidden Vintage tailor-made tours, click here