Samara Private Game Reserve
Safari Lodge - Premier
Great Karoo, Eastern Cape, South Africa
Price from: R1,950 per person sharing.
Heart-stoppingly beautiful is how award-winning Samara Private Game Reserve has been described. Elegant safari lodges nestle between an amphitheatre of mountains on 70 000 acres of bushveld and roaming wildlife in the heart of the malaria free Great Karoo. An amazing life-changing experience awaits you, so come and walk with cheetahs as you celebrate this unique piece of Africa.
At a Glance:
|Hidden Vintage Rating:||Comfort / Luxury / Premier Safari Lodge|
|Accommodation:||6 en-suite bedrooms - Karoo Lodge
4 en-suite bedrooms - Manor
3 double en-suite bedrooms - Mountain Retreat
R1,950 / person / night - Karoo Lodge
|Included:||Bed and all meals, selected beverages, game drives, nature walks, laundry, transfers to airstrip|
|Excluded:||Telephone calls, personal extra’s, drinks|
|Child Policy:||Children of all ages welcome|
|Recommended Stay:||2 - 5 nights|
|Health:||Malaria free area|
- One of the largest private game reserves in South Africa
- Spectacular setting, viewpoints, sunsets and night skies.
- Twice daily game drives and ‘walk and stalk’ safaris included
- A host of children’s activities and facilities makes Samara a wonderfully family friendly destination
- Harpers Bazaar voted Samara the 15th greatest Safari experience in Africa in 2008
- 6 en-suite bedrooms – Karoo Lodge
- 4 en-suite bedrooms – Manor
- 3 en-suite bedrooms – Mountain retreat
- Swimming pool
- Tennis court
- Children’s’ activities with the AardvARK programme
- Karoo Kitchen
- Experience a game drive in an open 4x4 vehicle either early in the morning or at night accompanied by experienced guides
- Enjoy a nature walk with the guides and learn about the vast types of flora in the area and see the Khoisan rock paintings
- Experience African wildlife with a ”walk and stalk” safari, which involves shadowing the fastest of all hunters, the cheetah, on foot.
- Enjoy a picnic in the reserve or a special sundowners at one of the spectacular view points
- Spend the day at nearby Graaff-Reinet, a town steeped in history
Not What You Were Looking For?
- River Bend Lodge – in the privacy of your luxurious suite, unwind and relax as you enjoy the incredible tranquillity while you watch elephants graze a short distance away
- Blaauwbosch – a private and intimate ‘Big 5’ game reserve in the malaria free Eastern Cape offering a stylish and down to earth safari experience
Nestled beneath the mighty Table Mountain and bordered by 2 oceans, the ‘ Mother City’ has a huge amount to offer any visitor to the area. Its reputation precedes it.