Safari Lodge – Luxury
Price from: R1,900 per person sharing.
Mowani Mountain Camp lies in an area of astounding beauty between the Ugab and Huab rivers in the heart of Damaraland, in Namibia. Discreetly built high up amongst massive red granite boulders, the lodge provides unsurpassed views over the vast, unspoilt wilderness. Consisting of a cluster of six thatched dome-shaped structures, Mowani’s main complex echoes the shape of the surrounding boulders with the open sides giving a cool feel even on hot days. After a day exploring the many attractions of this unique rocky desert enjoy a spectacular sunset from the comfort of your private tented room or suite.
At a Glance:
|Hidden Vintage Rating:||Comfort / Luxury / Premier Safari Lodge|
|Accommodation:||12 en-suite tented bedrooms & 1 luxury thatched suite|
R1,900 / person / night
|Included:||Dinner, bed and breakfast|
|Excluded:||Lunch, activities, personal extras, telephone calls, gratuities, drinks, laundry|
|Child Policy:||Children of all ages welcome|
|Recommended Stay:||2 – 4 nights|
- Spectacular sunsets and views over the wonderful Damaraland landscape
- Intimate lodge and tented accommodation with private decks
- Desert adapted wild life
- Twyfelfontein - probably the finest examples of rock engravings in Southern Africa
- 12 luxury tented rooms
- 1 suite with butler provided
- Swimming pool among the rocks
- Elevated viewing deck
- Dining room
- Lounge and bar
- Laundry facilities
- Nature drives in the Damaraland desert and searching for desert elephants
- Excursions to Twyfelfontein (San rock art), Burnt Mountain and Organ Pipes
- Hot air ballooning over Aba-Huab Valley
- Hiking through magnificent scenery
Not What You Were Looking For?
Nestled beneath the mighty Table Mountain and bordered by 2 oceans, the ‘ Mother City’ has a huge amount to offer any visitor to the area. Its reputation precedes it.